Sunday, November 15, 2009

Late Halloween post


Life continues to be busy. However, in the past 2 months, I have become addicted to Mad Men the T.V. series on AMC. I LOVE looking at the decor, clothes, everything. Yes, the storyline pushes it but what drama doesn't? At the present time, I'm watching season one on DVD so I can see where it all started. This year was season three so I kind of need that background.


My DH and I were invited to a Halloween party so I thought, we should go as a couple from that 1960's era. I made Simplicity 3673, view A. It is a 1950's retro pattern but in the early 1960's, the 50's were still an influence. The jumper went together really well. The only modification I did was to scoop out more armscye room on the pattern as it looked a little snug. I've even worn it to work with nice comments. Since I made that, I have made another jacket, Kwik Sew 3334 in a charcoal tweed; another pair of pants from Simplicity 2700 and tonight, a cowl top--Vogue 8597 view A.

I have enjoyed reading all the sewing blogs out there. I need to post more for sure!

2 comments:

  1. I wore that dress in the 60s. I love that era. Nice outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I am glad you're getting some sewing time in - mine seems nil lately (such is life I know).

    ReplyDelete