Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Happiness and frustration!!!

First the happiness!!! The UPS men just delivered my first Fabric.com purchase!
I am really impressed with all of it. With free shipping and my ASG discount--it was even better!

I ordered this double face wool melton in red and green (the red is a blue red--but doesn't look that way in my photo); they are perfect for coats!!! I have McCalls 5718 in mind for at least one coat; a fun ITY knit, a pretty chiffon for a blouse and a red/camel wool blend boucle that is just gorgeous!!
Now on to frustration. Is there any easy way to sew these in? I finished my brown Vogue pants and it required two of these. They sure do slip around a lot when sewing and making sure they are lined up right, etc. Next pair I may just do two buttons instead.



3 comments:

  1. I sew these hooks on with my button foot. I hold them down with scotch tape, which peels off easily when finished. And, yes, the thread shows on the reverse side, but I don't find that offensive on a waistband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try that next time Janie! I do sew my buttons on that way, I don't know why I didn't think to do it with this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lot of wonderful fabrics there! Oh, you are going to have such a good time with them!

    ReplyDelete