Sunday, September 6, 2009

Pant perfection and new skirt!

Today, I had a window of time to sew up a new skirt, Butterick 5249, view A. It is a high waisted skirt with belt carriers. I cut out a size 10 with NO alterations. The fit is very, very good. I used a drapey poly suiting with some lycra that I picked up at Hancocks a few weeks ago. I'd have to say that though the fit is great, I threw a FIT while constructing. Actually, I had a lapse of sewing sense and tried to use a regular zip, centered because that's what the pattern called for. What a mistake! It looked awful because this fabric was pretty slippery, even with basting tape. So, I ripped it out carefully and installed an invisible zipper. BIG difference. I can sew those in pretty well--done many of them.
The shirt is my fourth Burda 2561--cut out last year and just finished a few weeks ago! I love this shirt because it is only 5 pieces and no collar stand or separate facing for the shirt


These jeans are my third pants and really the best fitting of all. Simplicity 2700. I LOVE these pants. I have more of the fabric that I made the skirt out of so that is next in this pattern. Pretty much no alterations either; just a smidge deeper outside seam.
It's hard to photograph dark clothing but take my word, they look great!!!
Next on deck is probably one of those Donna Karan Cozy Cardigan wraps, or a jacket, or a coat, or a........
Hard for me to decide.
I've been back at work now for almost 2 weeks so it has cut into my sewing time--ha. I guess I need to earn money so I can sew more!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great basics. I reckon every woman needs at least two pairs of dark trousers in her wardrobe. They go with everything and can be taken from day to evening looks with ease.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice skirt and pants. That's an accomplishment. I've always had EITHER time, or money, but seldom both at the same time!

    ReplyDelete