Saturday, May 23, 2009

Garden variety sewing and gardening....


This afternoon, I sewed up the Garbo jacket and cruise pants in black linen. My serger was already threaded in black so I decided to finish these. I really wanted to sew a dress or two first but wanted to take advantage of the black thread. I know, it's easy to rethread on my Evolve, and wanted to get that fabric off my cutting table. I just need to hem them and put buttons on the jacket. Now to go with this "suit", I should sew up a couple camisoles from the LH tank dress group pattern. I did a muslin of one in a slinky and determined the size was fine but the fabric was way too thin. I'm not sure if I even like slinky but this was in my stash from years ago from Denver fabrics. I think slinky needs a lot of easy/flow to look good. Not negative ease!



This morning, I ventured out and got a few grocery items and came home with veggies. Early girl tomatoes, Harvest Gold tomatoes (orange cherry tomato--very sweet), cabbage, cantelope, chocolate mint, thai pepper, and red & green bell peppers. In seeds, I have zuchini, yellow squash, bush beans. So, this afternoon/early evening, my DS and DH made the raised bed boxes. DH wants to make a couple more. We have always planted in the ground and heard this was so much better. Stay tuned on this...



Now the big question is, what to have for dinner! DH wants to go out, I don't care, and DS doesn't want to go out because his hair is messy--didn't shower today. Heck, I could go for a big salad or bowl of cereal. The weather is so nice and it would be fun to go somewhere and sit outside on a patio to eat and enjoy the flowers etc. This warm weather has been a long time in coming!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Your garden is going to be fantastic! We spent the better part of the long weekend outside trying to get our landscaping situated. I just hate how everything costs so much money, it will be lovely when it's done and after 8 years of living here I can't take much more of the "a la naturale".

    ReplyDelete