Sunday, May 10, 2009

Back to the blog...


Time sure flies when life happens!! April was a busy month here at the farm. We have two goats, Nubian does, and both were pregnant. One gave birth to twins on April 17 but both were stillborn. We were so sad. We still do not know for sure what went wrong. However, last Saturday, May 2, our other doe gave birth to one cute buckling. He is very, very fun and did I say cute? We also were given 9 turkey eggs, which we incubated for 5 weeks I think, and they all hatched early April. They are a "Heritage" variety, not wild. Two are already spoken for next November, if you get the idea. They are growing fast and are not like chickens. We will see how it goes. I did manage to do some sewing; a knit top, fabric from Lucy's fabrics and just finished a pair of brown jeans this evening. I will post photos very soon. I love to make my own jeans; I have made about 5 pairs. I use a tried and true Burda pattern, 8408. It does take some time but well worth it. That's all for now!!!

1 comment:

  1. I missed this post Michelle - that is so sad about the twins being still born, so sorry. :-(

    ReplyDelete