Saturday, July 11, 2009

Burda WOF eyelet top

Hi again:
I have wanted to sew up a white eyelet top for awhile now but could not find suitable fabric. Yesterday, I found this wonderful eyelet, substantial pima cotton (that is not so thin that it is see through!) at the only independent fabric shop in our area. I also bought enough to make the Burda WOF tunic from the July 2009 issue. This top is from the WOF March 2008, # 110. I sewed up a muslin in a 34 and it was too tight. This is a close fitting pattern so I went to the 36. It has a side invisible zip and self bias strips to bind the neck and armholes.

I also purchased the Amy Butler Cabo halter pattern and plan to make two in the fabrics shown.

Off to make some dinner!!!

2 comments:

  1. Cute top! It looks grea on you. Love those fabrics for the halter top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great top, fabrics, and pattern.

    ReplyDelete