Friday, July 10, 2009

The Maxi Dress

This maxi dress is from Burda WOF July 2009, #116. I would have loved to find the jersey border print that was used in the magazine but no luck. I settled for a poly/lycra jersey print from JoAnn fabrics, at a 50% discount no less.
I made the size 17 and took it in an additional 5/8ths on the sides. No, I did not use a zipper; this is a knit! I do not know why they recommend a zipper with a knit. It was pretty easy to sew and looks great on.

Out of curiosity I looked at the the Nordstrom's selection of Maxi dresses. The purple one here on the right is the same pattern as the Burda! The price is $235.00!!
I am very excited to wear this dress.





3 comments:

  1. Nice maxi--and you can't beat the price!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is just fabulous. I'm planning to make this dress for my daughter when summer comes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm little bit obsessed with maxi dresses and that one is pretty beautiful.

    ReplyDelete