Thursday, July 2, 2009

Holiday sewing

I got an idea this morning on wearing something patriotic on the 4th. I thought, I could embroider a T-shirt, etc but then I thought of a pin. I stitched this design out on a natural tone canvas that frays, then got some clasp/pins at JoAnn's and hot glued them to the back. The pix is a bit blurry but they turned out really cool.

Two days ago I saw Lori's review on her blog, Girls in the Garden, of Kwik Sew 3696. I promptly procured this pattern at the indy fabric shop yesterday and started on it. I just finished it and I am really happy with the result.
I had another KS pattern for a two piece, 3238 but when I saw this and the skirt that came with, I had to make it. I like the idea of a skirt for more coverage. I had seen a 3 piece set similar in the Lands' End catalog last year for close to $90.00. Cost for this was around $20-25 I think. Fabric was in stash from a Hancock purchase last year; elastic in stash and lining in stash. The fit is great; I want to make another!!!






1 comment:

  1. Cute pin and great swim suit. I made all of my swim suits when I was a teen.

    ReplyDelete