Monday, July 6, 2009

Shopping the stash again.....

It has been fun to make up "little" projects lately. I purchased this Amy Butler fabric and pattern for the Swing Bag one year ago. Into the stash it went until a few days ago. I was wanting a new summer purse and then I remembered what I already had. This pattern went together easily and I did use the cotton canvas she specified. I like the feel of it. Regular interfacing might have been too stiff.




I added three snaps; one at each side and then one in the middle. I suppose one could add a button and a loop but I had already finished it and didn't want to go back and rip out. I am pleased with the snaps.



So, also in the stash, was this purse organizer kit that I purchased at the SewExpo in Puyallup about three years ago. Why I haven't made it sooner is beyond me. Very easy to sew and I love it!


It is made with Timtex and is attached at the ends with velcro. Debbie Homer is the one who created this pattern.
The fabric that was included was oilcloth (flower pattern) and nylon (pink). I'm sure one could use regular cotton but this would be more durable.
This fits inside my new purse and it is super!!
I love my stash!! Yes, I do have to go through it now and then and neaten up but it is a great feeling to have fabric and the notions on hand whenever the mood strikes. I also have a "stash" called my pantry, my freezer, my second fridge and storage cabinet. No, I do not hord but it is security and convenience to have food/personal items on hand. I buy when things are on sale and stock up. I couple years ago I read a book by Mary Hunt and she advocates this kind of shopping. It saves precious time and money--more time available for sewing ;)

1 comment:

  1. Love that bag ! And the organizer, as well. Isn't it great to have stash when you need it? More stash please!

    ReplyDelete