Sunday, March 15, 2009

I should always stay with tried and true...

Loes Hinse Ascot jacket above.


I finished the green jacket. It looks fine but I still have some issues with the fit. The armholes are low and it was drafted I think at the time that bigger shoulder pads were in vogue. I replaced the ones I originally put in and am replacing with smaller ones. I think I am probably my own worst critic, but I hate fussing with a pattern too much. Recently, I got an email from Loes Hinse, my all time favorite pattern designer. She has released a new jacket, the Ascot. I love the lines of this jacket! So, I just ordered it, along with her Perfect T pattern. I have made many, many of her patterns with wonderful results--very little tweaking if at all. I met her about 7-8 years ago in Carmel at her boutique--very nice. Her build is very similiar to mine so I think that's why I have good luck with the fit. www.loeshinse.com I have considered going to her sewing seminars in Carmel but when I think I can go, I look and see the dates for this year are sold out already--through October! I think they fill up fast.

1 comment:

  1. Yep we are our own worst critics. You need to post a picture of yourself in the jacket - the LH jacket looks like a nice one too!

    ReplyDelete