Thursday, March 19, 2009

Is it Friday yet?


This has been a busy week. No sewing at all ;(

Seems like there have been many different things all happening at once. The gal who has cut my hair for the past 11 + years, has a very, very ill child in the hospital in critical condition. She basically has many serious complications from a Strep infection that went crazy. She is on a Ventilator and in an induced coma. It's like a punch in the stomach and it makes me sad. We are all praying for a good outcome for her.

Work has been busy as conference week is now upon us. I just finished my progress reports, yeah!

Even though I have not sewn anything this week, I did manage to order some sweatshirt fabric to sew into a pair of sweatpants for my son. I ordered from www.sewingstudio.com They are a web-only fabric site that happens to be based here in Spokane. The pattern is pictured above. I wanted to post this picture here but it got posted up above. I haven't figured out how to do that yet.
The weekend will be busy as usual. My son and I will be helping at the annual Spaghetti Dinner our church does as a fundraiser for the preschool/kindergarten on Saturday. Maybe if I'm lucky, I'll have time to give the green jacket a good pressing and snap a photo of me in it to post!

1 comment:

  1. Oh that is terrible about your hairdresser's daughter. I hope by the time I'm typing this that she is out of the woods and on her way to recovery. I hope you got to sew over the weekend too. I sewed a little box bag for my MIL for her birthday on Sunday but that is all I've sewn in ages. I'm still trying to kick this dumb cold I got for my birthday. :-(

    ReplyDelete