Friday, June 19, 2009

A little sewing....


I had to run some errands and found myself at JoAnn's to buy some Insul-bright batting for new potholders (see below).While at JoAnn's, I admit that I purchased 3 more patterns. Simplicity patterns were on sale for $1.99 so I got the new wide pant pattern #2562, a Project Runway vest # 2633 with zipper tape trim (JoAnn's did not have that trim), and a Project Runway knit dress #2883. I remember Christian (I think?) a couple years ago making a denim dress or something with zipper piping or something like that on PR. I think it is a cool look. The brown vest on the left has the zipper trim on the flounce collar and pocket flaps.

My potholders were really getting yucky. I don't know why I didn't throw them out months ago. So, today I made new ones. I had this pretty sunflower print in my stash. This is the closest I have been to quilting in many years. I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out. I love sunflowers and this may inspire me to make some more things with this fabric; I have a yard of it and of the trim fabric.

I need to post progress of the garden soon but today it is raining. Everything is growing really, really well. Raised beds are certainly the way to go.



4 comments:

  1. Doncha' just love new patterns? I hit the Jo's yesterday and bought 5 Simplicity patterns. Nice potholders. Those would make good hostess gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the vest in this pattern, but get so angry when I see how cheaply patterns can be bought in the US. We pay over $10AUS for one! That is why I'm sticking with BWOF. At $15 it represents much better value.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need some potholders too. Why don't I just make some? I hadn't thought to do that. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. New patterns are such a cheap thrill for me, tho I'm really trying to stick with what I have and my BWOF & Ottobre mags. Cute potholders! :-)

    ReplyDelete