Sunday, June 14, 2009

Where does the time go?

Well, here I am again, posting photos out of order. I guess if I blogged more often, I'd remember. I tried to post these all at the same time, but it seemed to freeze up blogger so I had to do each one at a time.

I stamp cards and have a large supply of paper and stamps. I used to do more of it and lately have been returning to it--cost saving and nicer that what you can buy for $3.99+. I am also amazed on how "crude" cards have become. I guess there is a time and place for a crude card, but there seems to be more and more of them in the store selections.
I decided that I "needed" a scoring/cutting board. I already have the old fashioned papercutting board, the kind that you see at school, but it's not able to score. This green one I got at JoAnn works great!
I also love to drink tea and these are three kinds I have not tried yet. As I type, I am drinking the Plantation Mint. It is yummy. I recommended it.


Yesterday, I ventured out to Ben Franklin, a store that has a little bit of everything, including fabric. Most of it is quilting but there is a little apparel fabric and fleece and home dec. You never know what you will find. Like a fun treasure hunt. It is about a 30 minute drive out of town so I go there about 1-2 times a year. I came home with the elastic; ecru lace (top of photo) that is not elastic (I didn't realize this until later), tan wraparound elastic for tops, black lace/elastic and white lace/elastic. These all came in pre-packaged baggies for like 90 cents apiece. Could not pass them up!

I also saw this heart/camo knit and thought it would make a cute nightgown for this summer. I will make it out of an OOP Kwik Sew, #2387.



The wool below I was very happy to find. It is a teal/brown herringbone that will make a nice jacket for the Fall/Winter.
The buttons caught my eye too. The ones on the left are made out of some kind of wood spiraled around the center.
Two and a half days left of school/work and then a break! I already have quite a list of things to do in addition to the garden, animals and shuttling DS to 3 camps!



2 comments:

  1. I had no idea there were any Ben Franklin's still around. How fun! You got some great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gwen, The Ben Franklin is in a small college town and it fills a niche there. I hope it stays there for a long time.

    ReplyDelete