Thursday, June 4, 2009

Two new dresses!



Here I am wearing the Loes Hinse princess tank dress that I spoke about on the last post. It is very comfortable and nice to wear.











This red dress is a Project Runway Simplicity #2885. I had this red embroidered linen in the stash for at least 3 years; maybe more. I wore this today to work. Perfect for 85 degrees! My DS is getting a bit better with the photos but I need more close up shots for the detail. This dress was pretty easy to do but I had to take it in on the sides about an inch, especially in the waist as it was minimally shaped there. It is a slight A-line, which is nice. I am going to try to sew more dresses this summer.

Thank you Gwen for the blogger award. I will try to go and get it on my blog. I am still learning how to post things the best way--big learning curve ;)
Eight more very busy work days to go--then 10 weeks off. This school year just flew by. Long days here and there but coming home and sewing a bit sure helps the stress go away.
The garden is really going gangbusters. Those raised beds really help things grow fast!! I will post photos soon of the progress.

2 comments: